Knowledge of where you hope to sit within your target market and how you will be compared to others, especially ‘home-grown’ competitors, is crucial. We will utilise our ‘in-country’ professionals to gather critical information (based on information / a brief from you), to aid understanding of your placement within the target market. We would also ask for you to forward any information you currently hold about the activities in each market.
We would utilise this information to assist us in proposing how you should ‘look and feel’ and communicate key messaging in your sector, in each market. It will guide us about what to do, what not to do and how to gain competitive advantage.
Research activity and results, per market:
- 3 hours online research time by a local professional
- 1 hour management review by L Enos
- Summary report of findings
1. Conduct a web search on the term/s which have been provided by Megaplast.
a. Take screen grabs of pages 1 and 2 from each search result.
2. Create a list of the commercial competitors (only) which appear in the results – min 3, max 5.
3. For each commercial competitor, report the following (where available):
Please use the screen grab function to provide evidence throughout the report. Please choose the local language, rather than English, where possible. Where a linguistic or cultural translation is beneficial to explain your findings, please provide a translation to English.
a. How would you describe the aesthetic style of this company’s visual brand? E.g., is it modern, traditional, formal, informal, friendly, imposing, etc.?
b. What key messages are they communicating on their homepage?
c. What imagery reflects or supports this messaging?
d. What feeling do you get about this company?
e. What have you learnt from their ‘about us’ page/s? What have they felt was important to convey to their customer/s?
f. If you were looking to source a film supplier (say, if you worked for a SME tea manufacturer), would this company appeal to you? If so, why? If not, why?
g. How can a customer engage with this company? Newsletter, social media, video, blog, etc.
h. Please list any social / charity / corporate responsibility activities.
i. List key facts, such as number of employees, year founded, turnover, etc. List their head office and branch locations – national and international.
j. Copy and paste a list of their products and services.
k. Copy and paste a list of their target sectors.
l. Did anything strike you as being particularly good about their website? What appealed to you?
m. Did anything strike you as being particularly bad about their website? Did anything put you off?
n. Download an illustrative selection of brochures and technical specification documents.
4. Consider the company name ‘Megaplast’. In your language, does this mean anything, positive or negative? Does it sound like something fortunate or unfortunate?
5. Conduct a web search on ‘Megaplast’ in your country. Are there any other brands with this name or similar? Provide web links / information.
- Ascertain common brand angles and communications methods for the sector.
- Highlight common features / cultural elements.
- Collate competitors’ target sectors and methods of communications.
- Establish what could establish competitive advantage within supplier pool.
- Suggest how this may influence our communications concept.